Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Displaying Top subcategory

Quote Reply
Displaying Top subcategory
Hi all,

Just hoping someone could help me with a little problem.
What i am trying to do is display the top 20 viewed sub/bottom category on the homepage.

For example i am using links sql to display lyrics and the categories are by artists name so on the homepage i would like to display the top 20 viewed categories and to display them (linked) by 2 coluoms and 10 rows.

Any help would be appricated.

Thanks
Kirk

--------------------------------------------------

Life isn't like a box of chocolates ... it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: [mekro] Displaying Top subcategory In reply to
Links doesn't track the most viewed categories, only links.

Even back-tracking would be somewhat difficult, eg: picking the popular categories by totaling links hits.

The way links works, and the searches work, categories are more of a convenience thing.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Displaying Top subcategory In reply to
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, however would it be possible to say count how many times the detail page has been access within that subcatergory and adding it all together and displaying it that way.

Sorry about this i am still pretty new to this.

Kirk

--------------------------------------------------

Life isn't like a box of chocolates ... it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: [mekro] Displaying Top subcategory In reply to
If you don't find another way, you could have a look at my stats plugins to do this. SiteStats will track the views of a group of pages or ExtraStats will allow you to list the categories by the number of times the links in that category have been clicked on (ExtraStats tracks clicks through jump.cgi).

Laura.
The UK High Street