Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Directory Structure and start page

Quote Reply
Directory Structure and start page
I just started using LinksSQL. I managed to fight my way through the install(with the help of Alex Krohn) and get the product running. I have been through several of the setup options and managed to figure out how a lot of this stuff works.

My question is what do you use for your start page? I noticed some sites using page.cgi and others using page/index.html.

Is there some basic instructions on how to get started with this product?

I am running Windows 2000 IIS5 and SQL 2000.

Thanks for any advice.

-------------
www.mcseguide.com
for all your certification needs
Quote Reply
Re: [EGeorge] Directory Structure and start page In reply to
Hi!

You have two options of displaying your start page. Index.html is static which means that index.html is updated on every "Build All" command and page.cgi is dynamic which means that every change to databse is visible imediattly without rebuilding links ...

bye

Gregor
Quote Reply
Re: [sc2utp] Directory Structure and start page In reply to
Thanks. I suspected that was the way.
I am using the static page for now. When the directory structure was built during setup, I ended up with a LinksSQL directory with 2 subdirectories called cgi and pages. The index.html is in the pages directory, should I move it to the root to make it my start page? If I point my webservers home directory to the pages subdirectory it excludes the cgi directory.

Any thoughts?

-------------
www.mcseguide.com
for all your certification needs
Quote Reply
Re: [EGeorge] Directory Structure and start page In reply to
Hi,

Yes, you can move it to root as I don't think there is an easy way to tell IIS to use /pages/ as the root. You can change this in setup->paths and urls.

Alternatively, you can put a redirect html page in the root, but that's not as nice.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.