Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Different Templates and Add-Ons

Quote Reply
Different Templates and Add-Ons
I was using Links 2.0 up until around two years ago, and last week I purchased GL 3.0

Now I am looking at templates that I have no idea how to start working on. In the past I was using the IndianaWebSites.com template design, and I sort of wanted to go back to that. I am just lost right now with the static/dymanic templates.

With Links 2.0 there were a few people that placed different template ideas out there in the Resources section. Not there for GL 3.0, so I am open to ideas. The main catch is that I am very new to GL 3.0 and not at all familiar with SQL.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, it looks like I will be needing to outsource a partial DMOZ dump (certain specific categories), and I am looking for recommendations on who to contact.

The list of add-ons will probably get deeper as I start using GL 3.0 more
Quote Reply
Re: [RTM111] Different Templates and Add-Ons In reply to
You should be able to use the basics of your links 2 template. You just have to edit the header/footer first and go from there. It can be time consuming. I have not seen a place where people offer template ideas for links 3, but the css should make custumization a little easier.

Although it claimes to be only $80 on the links plugin section, I think Andy has some options available for dmoz (it says starting at $175)?

http://www.ultranerds.com/

Good Luck!

Wait... here you go: http://www.ultranerds.com/...ins/DMOZ_Wizard_L10/

- Jonathan

Last edited by:

jdgamble: Aug 20, 2006, 10:29 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [jdgamble] Different Templates and Add-Ons In reply to

I printed out some doc on the templates, and need to get some time to sit down and read up on it.

Was hoping to find someone experienced that would give me a quote on setting up the templates. That would be the best way for me right now.

Sent Andy a few emails and Message recently. Still waiting to hear back from him.

Thanks for the response and the info
Quote Reply
Re: [RTM111] Different Templates and Add-Ons In reply to
Hi,

Please send me the details. I can give you a quote then.

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] Different Templates and Add-Ons In reply to

Are you at all familiar with the IndianaWebSites.com templates?

The DMOZ dump I am loking for involves Motorcycles. Not sure how the DMOZ works, so not sure what details you would need.