Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Designating Inactive Links

Quote Reply
Designating Inactive Links
Hi-

My directory has several fields for each link which require users to enter a lot of data. I wonder whether there is a way to set it up so that users can add their links, and be able to modify them right away (before I validate them). Currently, many complain that they started adding their link information, but then needed to stop to collect more information, and then when they logged back in, they couldn't add their information because they got the error that the link wasn't validated yet.

The only way that I could think of to accomplish this, would be to create a field called Active which would default to the value 'No', but after I validate the link it I would change it to 'Yes'. Then I would need to set up the search and build to include only those links where the Active field value is equal to 'Yes'. Then I would set the build_auto_validate to the option where all links are automatically validated.

Does anyone know where/how I could modify the Build.pm and Search.pm so that only those links with the field Active equal to 'Yes' would be built for the static pages, and included in the search results? Or is there a better way to approach this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-FrankM