Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Description Hacked

Quote Reply
Description Hacked
Hi All,

As some of you know, we've had trouble with a hacker getting into the admin and inserting links to his site in the copy of the text on some pages, one being the links/home page and the other I just found in a description of one of the links. One of the links that belongs - that is. In other words, he's gone into the admin, modified the link description field, and added an invisible link within the description text. Anyway, my question is - is there a way to figure out where else he might have done this or are we SOL? I'm thinking looking through the logs might help but the log file is HUGE and it would be extremely time consuming. I'm aware of 2 of his URLs, I'm just wondering if there's a way I can do a search within the database through the different text fields for these links...? Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Nadine
Quote Reply
Re: [Westiegirl] Description Hacked In reply to
step 1 is protecting the htaccess.

then search in the field "description" for "HTTP://"
(DATABASE -> Links -> modify)
now, you see all entries with a link in the description.

thats all.
Quote Reply
Re: [regatta] Description Hacked In reply to
Hi regatta,

Hopefully, I've done well with protecting the .htaccess.

Your instructions did the trick! I don't see any other entries as yet. Thanks so much for the reply. I completely forgot about that feature. It's been so long since I've worked on this particular site. Anyway...much appreciated!

Nadine