Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Deleting Users

Quote Reply
Deleting Users
Yesterday, I was able to delete on user through the delete user on the admin panel. Now I'm not able to delete users at all. I don't get an error, I don't get anything except "0 records deleted"

I've been trying everything. I tried to delete from the modify screen with no luck.

Another question I have is the "Grouping" under users. On some of my users the grouping is set to "0" on most of my users there is nothing in that field.

Why?

Thanks -
Renee
Quote Reply
Re: [renken] Deleting Users In reply to
I really need help with this. I was reading through some old posts and saw something about FK (Foreign Key) that might be the problem, but I don't know where to start to solve the problem.

I can delete links. I cannot delete users.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Your Foreign key shouldn't be a problem.

Sounds stuipid.. but are you checking the "tickbox" before clicking delete? (I've done it load of times... so don't worry if that is the problem Angelic).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Deleting Users In reply to
I'm sure I checked the box. I tried to delete from the modify screen as well, it won't let me do that either. I tried to modify the users and then delete them. I've tried over 20 times in several ways to delete these users. No errors, nothing but "0 records deleted."

I don't know what else to do.
Quote Reply
Wanna email/PM over GLinks access and a sample ID I can test? The fact is just says "0" records makes me wonder Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I wish I could, but access to our admin panel can only happen on our IP address, that's the way we set it up for security reasons. So I guess I'm at a dead end. Would our programmer be able to do it from telnet? Just delete certain users from the Database?
Quote Reply
Ah ok.. fair enough =)

Sure, to delete.. just try;

Code:
SELECT * FROM lsql_Users WHERE Username = 'someone'

...then, if your happy that gave the right result... you can delete with;

Code:
DELETE FROM lsql_Users WHERE Username = 'someone'

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks, Andy!