Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Deleting
Hello,

Is there a way to delete better than what is set up? At times I need to delete 4,000 items or more at a time. As deleting can take a very long time I am hoping someone has found a way around this problem.
Quote Reply
Re: [SandraR] Deleting In reply to
Hi,

Here's one trick that might help. Goto Database->Links->Delete. Enter your search terms for what you want to delete and then at the bottom select 'Display Elemetns as Rows' and set Maximum Hits really high (start at say 500). You can then scroll to the very bottom and select Check All and then hit delete and it will delete them all in one go.

Hope this helps,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Deleting In reply to
I tried that and it works but try 500 links at a time when you have 4,000 or 10,000 Geeezeee.. I was hoping someone would have -- possibly an even better way!.

Thanks

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing
Quote Reply
Re: [SandraR] Deleting In reply to
Did you try setting max hits to 4000? I just tried it on a sample install with 2,500 links and it worked (was a bit slow, but only had to do a single delete).

Make sure you set Display as rows though otherwise it will really cause your browser to slow down.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Deleting In reply to
I tried the simple 1,000 to delete and the darned think only deleted about 30 of them when it showed timed out. I must admit I have been having some serious problems with LOAD.. I can no longer utilize backup.. It simply dies every time.

I am at 263700 links, but even I know with description and all that its a heavy load!