Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Data restore and an error

Quote Reply
Data restore and an error
I installed Links 3 and transfered data over from Links 2.12. In Links 2.12 I had 3 plugins, but I could install 2 in the newer Links. When I go to Databases and Import
export, an error happened. What is this? I did have a plugin called Searchlog. Do it have anything to do with that? Please, help.

Banana

A fatal error has occured:
GT::SQL (16500): File '/var/apache/cgi-bin/Links/admin/defs/glinks_SearchLog.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /var/apache/cgi-bin/Links/admin/Links/Import/BKS2.pm line 106.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
GT::SQL::error = GT::SQL (16500): File '/var/apache/cgi-bin/Links/admin/defs/glinks_SearchLog.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /var/apache/cgi-bin/Links/admin/Links/Import/BKS2.pm line 106.

Last edited by:

Alex: Jun 9, 2005, 12:57 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [banana] Data restore and an error In reply to
2.x --> 3.x upgrade involves upgrading a live installation. Not this route of install and import. This has been answered by Adrian@brewt ... when glinks3 was released.

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
==================================
Quote Reply
Re: [banana] Data restore and an error In reply to
Hi,

You can't do that, as you have additional fields/tables, which the basic version doesn't. You need to upgrade, rather than manually copying the database ... or else it won't match up, and will give you errors like below Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!