Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Cron Jobs
I am building a very large directory 200K+ categories
I haven’t done a build yet, I am scared of pressing the build all link under the build section as I am not sure how long it will take to run.
What is the best way to do the build all?

Also, I would like to create a cron job to run “build changed”. I looked through the manual for cron job instruction but couldn’t find any. How can I create the cron job to do that?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [tariqali] Cron Jobs In reply to
You can run nph-build.cgi that's in your admin directory from shell. If you run it without arguments, then you will get a list of options you can use (eg. --all, --changed, etc). If you want to build changed on a cronjob, then just add /path/to/admin/nph-build.cgi --changed to your cron.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Cron Jobs In reply to
Hi,

I am getting an error when I try running perl nph-build.cgi --all from shell
I get the error when it start building categories.the error is "can't call method "fetchrow_array" on an undefined value at nph-build.cgi link 602 "

what's the problem?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
You might also want to look into Andy's plugin for Cron Jobs. It is a wonderful took to keep up with regular build and more.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Hi,

I am getting an error when I try running perl nph-build.cgi --all from shell
I get the error when it start building categories.the error is "can't call method "fetchrow_array" on an undefined value at nph-build.cgi link 602 "

what's the problem?

Thanks.

any idea why I am getting this error?