Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Couple questions.

Quote Reply
Couple questions.
Hello,

Im running Links SQL (version 3.1.0).

Im using Links as a file download system which means that people can upload files for others to download after admin approval.

My problems that Im experiencing is this.....
1. When a registered user modifys his previously submitted content (perhaps just to change the description and nothing more) then he has to reupload the file that he originally uploaded.

What do I have to do so that the user doesnt have to reupload his content again when he just wants to change some other field in his contents record?

2. I let registered users of my system upload uncompressed files but I want to change them to a compressed version. So I download the file and compress it on my hard drive, then on the validation page I checkmark the "delete" checkbox for the uncompressed file, and I browse my hard drive for the compressed version that I just created, then I validate the record and get the following error message:

Unable to validate link, 54: Column File to Upload cannot be left blank File to Upload cannot contain the value ''

So this leaves me wondering how I can accomplish replacing the users uncompressed submission with my compressed version when validating the record.

Thanks,

Last edited by:

kamidan: Sep 8, 2006, 11:36 AM
          Quote Reply
          Re: [kamidan] Couple questions. In reply to
          1) It seems it is doing that because your file column is configured to require a value. I'll look at a fix for that.

2) This might be related to the first issue.

Adrian
          Post deleted by Alba In reply to