Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Columns and category build

Quote Reply
Columns and category build
Is it poss. to set the build option for columns so that 2 columns are built on the home page and 3 are built on the links pages? I have some long lists of categories. Also what does the db-gen-category-list build option do? I tried both settings and see no difference.

Quote Reply
Re: [jgkiefer] Columns and category build In reply to
Hi,

In Reply To:
Is it poss. to set the build option for columns so that 2 columns are built on the home page and 3 are built on the links pages? I have some long lists of categories.

I don't think that's possible out of the box. You're looking at some code hacking, or possibly creating a Template Global...

In Reply To:
Also what does the db-gen-category-list build option do? I tried both settings and see no difference.

You'll definitely see the difference on the "add a site" page. Normally, a drop down of all categories is generated so the user can select. When you set this to no, then the user has to first navigate to a category, then add a site. (& the drop down list is not generated)

I think somewhere in admin is affected too. Validate Links, (etc), perhaps?

--

Matt G
Quote Reply
Re: [mglaspie] Columns and category build In reply to
Quote:
I think somewhere in admin is affected too. Validate Links, (etc), perhaps?

All category select lists are removed and you must type in the category names. This is for very large directories where the category list would be too big.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.