Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

ClickTrack Table

Quote Reply
ClickTrack Table
What exactly does this hold?
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] ClickTrack Table In reply to
It should hold the IP and LinkID's from ratings. i.e, if someone rated LinkID "1234", and their IP address was 255.255.1.1, then it would insert these two entries in the table. You can then run a basic IP/LinkID check, to see if they have rated the same link previously :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] ClickTrack Table In reply to
And I can safely empty it? I notice that, right now, I have another colum in my database called Overhead and ClickTrack has some records in that. Do you know what that is what I should do about it? Still safe to empty?
Quote Reply
The ClickTrack one should be fine to delete. Sometimes they can get quite large :(

Not sure about the "Overhead" table though, sorry.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] ClickTrack Table In reply to
In Reply To:
The ClickTrack one should be fine to delete. Sometimes they can get quite large :(

You can say that again! I just emptied it and my database size went from 44 meg to 7 meg!!!

Teach me to run Repait Tables more often....
Quote Reply
I think that the ClickTrack table is emptied of data that is older than 2 days, when nph-build.cgi is run. The code is in Build.pm:

$SUBS{build_reset_hits} = <<'END_OF_SUB';
sub build_reset_hits {
------------------------------------------------------------------
Remove old hit and rate tracking information.

Links::init_date();
my $delete_by = GT::Date::date_get ( time() - 172800 ); # 2 days old
my $click_db = $DB->table ('ClickTrack');
$click_db->delete ( GT::SQL::Condition->new ( 'Created', '<', $delete_by ));
}
END_OF_SUB

I guess if you run in dynamic mode, though, and don't have a need to regularly do the Build All or Build Changed, then the data will just keep accummulating in the ClickTrack table....

--Frank