Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

ClickTrack Losing Records

Quote Reply
ClickTrack Losing Records
Does anyone know if the ClickTrack table is programmed somehow to automatically empty records after a certain period/number of records added? It seems like that's what happens. I'm using Links SQL 2.1.0 and would like to retain all ClickTrack table information for at least a month. Does anyone know if it is programmed somehow to reduce the number of records, and where this could be modified?

--FrankM
Quote Reply
Re: [FrankM] ClickTrack Losing Records In reply to
I don't beleive it is programmed to automatically empty. Is it resetting back to 0, or just loosing records? It could be that your account is running out of space...may want to check that.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] ClickTrack Losing Records In reply to
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your post. It's losing just the older records, not all of them. It went from 4500 to about 1500 records, losing the oldest ones. I don't think it's a server space issue as I have several GB available, and this isn't a huge amount of records....

--FrankM
Quote Reply
The recent post from carfac (thanks!) in another thread solved the problem. Build.pm automatically deletes records from ClickTrack that are more than 2 days old.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=210092#210092

-FrankM
Quote Reply
Frank:

I was just abvout to post that here- glad you found that!

The routine used to be in rate.cgi, but when that became rate.pm, it dissapeared. I had been wanting it back- did not know it was there until I was messing around with my own code.

Anyway, you can edit the time to keep the Hits tracks there. Personally, I seperated Rate and Hits, so Hits delete in 5 days, and Rate in 100 days (I get significately less Rates!)

Good Luck!
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] ClickTrack Losing Records In reply to
Well, I was doing a bit more thinking (always dangerous, I know) Wink, and I got to thinking it would be better to move this to a global than to edit build.pm.

But I do not know how to change this call in nph-build.cgi:

Quote:

sub _build_reset_hits {

# ------------------------------------------------------------------

# Updates the What's New flags.

#

_time_start();

print "Resetting hits and rates and characters ... \n";

my $ret = Links::Build::build ('reset_hits', shift || {});

print "Done (", _time_display(), " s)\n\n";

return $ret;

}