Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Category templates

Quote Reply
Category templates
I am currently building a database for a client and have a question, before I start screwing things up. I have approximately 250 subjects with each having around 100 subcategories. I am using a different template for each of the categories, (yes, all 25,000 templates)

I am pulling data to the templates using <%include /home/sites/site1/web/cgi-bin/admin/admin/templates/default/local/data/file.txt%> for each one of the templates, and it works fine. The problem I have now, is I am using HomeSite to build multiple templates with the search and replace options, and now have just under 20,000 templates. If I load them into the /admin/templates/default/ directory, it will take for ever for the FTP client to open this directory, if ever.

Question:

Can I use a similar

/home/sites/site1/web/cgi-bin/admin/admin/templates/default/directory1

/home/sites/site1/web/cgi-bin/admin/admin/templates/default/directory2

and so on within the add a category template within LinksSQL to have the actual category template pulled from a separate directory for each of the subjects??

(did any of this make sense??)

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!!

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
Re: [Kilroy] Category templates In reply to
Hi,

Yes, the includes can specify any file on the server. So you can put all your templates in multiple directories.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.