Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Category loop --> exclude one category ID

Quote Reply
Category loop --> exclude one category ID
I am using LinkSQL as a links mgmt tool. But I am using one category as a articles managment tool. When I am building my links directory how do you create a loop that will show all categories, but it will exclude one (because it is where the articles reside) I would like to post a link to the articles elsewhere.

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: [texhost] Category loop --> exclude one category ID In reply to
You would need to use <%category_loop%> and set up a loop situation like for the Links.

But, you would not be able to use columns easily. That is part of the Site_HTML routines.

I've been thinking about this, and the simple solutions have problems. Categories would still show up on the searches, and in the new page.

Alex/GT would need to consider an "Exclude" or "Visible" option on a category, so that searches for listing categories would add "and Category.Exclude != 'Yes'".

If you just want to hide the category on the Home page, and in a category listing, you can edit those two routines.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Category loop --> exclude one category ID In reply to
suppose I just used the category loop tag. What would the complete tag look like if I wanted exclude one category?
Quote Reply
Re: [texhost] Category loop --> exclude one category ID In reply to
Something like;

<%loop category_loop%>
<%if FatherID != 16%>
<%include subcategory.html%>
<%endif%>
<%endloop%>

You will obviously need to do stuff to the tables etc, otherwise it will just be in a single column.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!