Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Category Templates

Quote Reply
Category Templates
I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong here!

I go to edit category and enter the html I want for this category header and footer. The I create a category template and enter <%header%> and <%footer%> and save.

The main category does have the new header and footer but all sub categories have no header or footer at all! Do I have to edit each subcategory individually with the header and footer file? Or am I missing something simple?

Craven
Quote Reply
Re: [craven32] Category Templates In reply to
All you need to do is type something like: computer_category.html , and then make a new template (by copying category.html), and call it computer_category.html. All sub-categories will then hold this new design, as well as the one it is assigned too :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Category Templates In reply to
I got that part but when you enter headr and footer html it only works for the main category. Is there a way to keep the header and footer the same for the sub cats without manually editing the header and footer for each one?

Craven
Quote Reply
Re: [craven32] Category Templates In reply to
Hi,

Is what you are saying that the category header and footer are not being applied to the subcategories the way the category html is?

One way to fix that is to include the specific headers in that category.html page. It's really no extra work, unless you wanted different headers and footers in the subcategories. This may or may not be a bug, Alex will have to address it, but you can get around it by just changing the <%include ...%> line to the header/footer you want to use in the subcategories.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Category Templates In reply to
"Is what you are saying that the category header and footer are not being applied to the subcategories the way the category html is?"

Yes, the only thing being applied is category.html. Nothing in the header or footer is applied to the subs.

That was such an easy answer! I don't know why I couldn't think of it myselfBlush I guess I expect things to be a little harder than what they are sometimes. Thanks for the help!

Craven