Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Category Browser not sticking to category

Quote Reply
Category Browser not sticking to category
Hi,

I've got a problem with the category browser on one machine, but not another and I wondered if anyone else had come across this or could help. (I'm using IE 6 on both.)

When I click on a category in the left panel, the category expands, but the focus moves to the top of the category tree - right back to the Home category. This means I have to scroll down the list to get back to where I expanded from.

Perversely on a different PC with the same version of IE it works as expected and expands the category then shifts it to the top of the left pane.

I've been through the IE settings for both machines and can't find any differences, so I'm a bit lost as to why it has stopped working on one of them?

Any ideas welcome Smile
Shaun
Quote Reply
Re: [qango] Category Browser not sticking to category In reply to
Bump.
Quote Reply
Any javascript errors at all?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Category Browser not sticking to category In reply to
Hi Adrian,

No errors at all. I've also tried it with Firefox and get the same problem.

Cheers,
Shaun
Quote Reply
I finally figured this out today, so thought I'd post the solution.

Turns out I had changed the way IE handles its Temporary Internet Files (cache).

Instead of the standard Automatic management of files, I'd changed it to Every visit to the page. This was reloading the frame with the category tree every time I clicked on a category link, and resetting the position to the top of the page (of course it was, it was reloading the page!).

I've just changed it back to Automatic and it has cured the problem.

IE : Tools > Internet Options ... Settings ... select Automatically and click OK.

Cheers,
Shaun