Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Can I disable the need to set up an account and login?

Quote Reply
Can I disable the need to set up an account and login?
I'd like to know if I can allow people to add links without setting up an account. I still want to validate links, but would prefer to bypass the need for an account in order to add a listing. Can I do this?

Thanks,

Rich
Quote Reply
Re: [richonmaui] Can I disable the need to set up an account and login? In reply to
Try;

Setup > User Options

Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Can I disable the need to set up an account and login? In reply to
In Reply To:
Try;

Setup > User Options

Smile

Cheers
Thanks Andy, but that option also allows any visitor to attempt to modify any link in the db. I was looking for a seperate solution that still protected the modify action. I suppose the solution will be to just remove any links to modify.

Thanks,

Rich
Quote Reply
Re: [richonmaui] Can I disable the need to set up an account and login? In reply to
Quote:
I suppose the solution will be to just remove any links to modify.

Yeah. A way I've done it before (although it requires a reasonable amount of knowledge to do), is to add in the user signup stuff in Add.pm. Basically, it needs to create a random user (who's not in the table already), and then let the user know what their new details are (you need to be sure to set the LinkOwner to whoever the new username is.

Wish I had more time... as I would put some code samples in. Problem is... its 8pm, on a Friday night.. .and I'm still working :(

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!