Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Can't upgrade due to files not found on Goss Server

Quote Reply
Can't upgrade due to files not found on Goss Server
Error: Update failed: Unable to download update file Manual.pdf: Received invalid data from update server
( FoundThe document has moved here. ) <-- this links to a 500 error

The following updates are available for your Gossamer Links installation:

No critical updates
No recommended updates
No optional updates

Won't let me upgrade from 2.99.1 to 3.0 final.

I will go load the files locally and see if that works.

Last edited by:

loxly: Apr 8, 2005, 8:44 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [loxly] Can't upgrade due to files not found on Goss Server In reply to
Same error

COnragts on a Final, BTW!!!! Wink
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Update: I was able to complete the upgrade using install.cgi instead of the upgrade from the panel.

So far upgrade has worked on one site, install.cgi on another and a third has failed due to a category tree issue. I emailed gt about that one, but if anyone knows how to fix a broken parent category issue, please let me know!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] Can't upgrade due to files not found on Goss Server In reply to
Would wait to run the upgrade as would not want to ruin a live installation because of broken upgrades. Also, what is unclear as per that admin path issue is what about test installations being done to test it out before it is taken head on on a live installation. Each time reset (fom live --> test -->live) would ultimately exhaust the "Limited Number Of Changes (unspecified) Allowed". This would ertainly need a clearer guideline/indication from GT.

Also, in the bug fix lest, the Plugins.pm which was breaking Gossamer Mail (Delete Dupes) is not mentioned. So would also need a clarification on whether the Plugins.pm was a generic fix or something specific.

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.

Last edited by:

HyperTherm: Apr 8, 2005, 9:02 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Can't upgrade due to files not found on Goss Server In reply to
Fortunately on the site I was upgrading that couldn't complete due to the file not found, it was a brand new site that only had the beta 2.99.1 on it. Not a live site.

I do have the admin url path issue on the one site that upgraded flawlessly. I also has the beta in a test directory and then moved it back to the live directory for the actual upgrade. I was told on the phone it wouldn't be an issue, but big red type on the update page tells me otherwise Crazy
Quote Reply
I had that Category Tree issue when i upgraded my live site with 2.99.1 (category tree table was empty). I imported the data, repaired db and things are fine apparently after that,

Fortunately, i had data in category_tree table on test install

Thanks
HyTC
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Can't upgrade due to files not found on Goss Server In reply to
In Reply To:
I had that Category Tree issue when i upgraded my live site with 2.99.1 (category tree table was empty). I imported the data, repaired db and things are fine apparently after that,

Fortunately, i had data in category_tree table on test install

No such luck for me. I upgraded a 2.1 to 2.2, then tried to upgrade to 3.0. After it failed, I restored the backup, ran repair tables, and still no luck. It upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 without errors. Now I can't run in dynamic (that site doesn't so it's ok) but I also can't delete the "orphaned" categories or create the missing one.
Quote Reply
I think i had posted in one of the eralier threads. if i am already running a version 2.2 then why does the installer say

Upgrading from 2.1 --> 2.2
Upgrading from 2.2 --> 3.0

Most failures have been on second step. Not too sure if anyone has run the installer on 2.1.2 directly and then not faced with any errors...

Thanks
HyTC

Last edited by:

HyperTherm: Apr 8, 2005, 9:43 PM
Quote Reply
That problem should be fixed now. Unfortunately, there's still some bugs in the update system that need to be worked out. Remember that you can still download the installer from the download area.

Adrian
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
So far upgrade has worked on one site, install.cgi on another and a third has failed due to a category tree issue.
What Category tree issue are you having?

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Apr 8, 2005, 10:01 PM
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Also, what is unclear as per that admin path issue is what about test installations being done to test it out before it is taken head on on a live installation. Each time reset (fom live --> test -->live) would ultimately exhaust the "Limited Number Of Changes (unspecified) Allowed". This would ertainly need a clearer guideline/indication from GT.
Currently, you'll be allowed to update your path an unlimited number of times. We have yet to decide how many times to allow you to update the path.

In Reply To:
Also, in the bug fix lest, the Plugins.pm which was breaking Gossamer Mail (Delete Dupes) is not mentioned. So would also need a clarification on whether the Plugins.pm was a generic fix or something specific.
Yes, this was included.

Adrian
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I do have the admin url path issue on the one site that upgraded flawlessly. I also has the beta in a test directory and then moved it back to the live directory for the actual upgrade. I was told on the phone it wouldn't be an issue, but big red type on the update page tells me otherwise
What message are you getting?

Adrian
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I think i had posted in one of the eralier threads. if i am already running a version 2.2 then why does the installer say
It would only say that if your Config/Data.pm said you were running 2.1.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Can't upgrade due to files not found on Goss Server In reply to
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I do have the admin url path issue on the one site that upgraded flawlessly. I also has the beta in a test directory and then moved it back to the live directory for the actual upgrade. I was told on the phone it wouldn't be an issue, but big red type on the update page tells me otherwise
What message are you getting?

Adrian, I sent an email through the support page about the first one, but now a second upgrade via install.cgi from 2.2 to 3.0 has failed with the same error, and I made sure I ran repair tables prior to the install just to be sure. This is the error:
Error
An error occured:
No parent category found for Writing/Non-Fiction/Research Papers/Citation Guides! Your Category table is corrupted.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
No parent category found for Writing/Non-Fiction/Research Papers/Citation Guides! Your Category table is corrupted.
That error means it found a category named "Writing/Non-Fiction/Research Papers/Citation Guides", yet there isn't a category named "Writing/Non-Fiction/Research Papers". Can you check if your database has that category? That or send me admin panel access and I can take a quick look.

Adrian
Quote Reply
IIRC Links/Config/Data.pm (2.2.0) structure replaced Links/ConfigData.pm in 2.1.2, so the mere fact that the structure as exisitng before upgrade was Links/Config/Data.pm signifies that i was not running 2.1.2 in any case. Anyway, checking from the preupgrade backups i see the following:

Actual checking of preupgrade has the following:

Links/ConfigData.pm
'version' => '2.1.2'
};

Links/Config/Data.pm
'version' => '2.2.0'
};

So 2.1.2 --> 2.2.0 upgrade ws pretty fine before 2.2.0 -->2.99* upgrade. There is some issue with the installer then... I have all the backups of the preupgrades files.

Thanks
HyTC
Quote Reply
Your ConfigData.pm should have been removed previously.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Yeah it was never there in version 2.2.0 path from where i was upgrading (2.2.0 --> 2.99.1) on live site.

In fact on testinstall, i never installed 2.1.2 and even then i got the same message while upgrading from 2.2.0 --> 2.99 beta. You mean that there should be no trace of ConfiData.pm on the server at all?

Thanks
HyTC

Last edited by:

HyperTherm: Apr 8, 2005, 10:36 PM