Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Can't SAVE template when constructing emails to selected links or users

Quote Reply
Can't SAVE template when constructing emails to selected links or users
Aside from not being able to LOAD a template (as described in my other thread), I also cannot SAVE a new template when I'm constructing emails to Selected Links or Selected Users. I enter in all the details, leave the template dropdown on "New Template," click "Save As" (or "Save"; same result), and the mail is simply entered into the mail queue! (And the template is not saved.)

I CAN save a template if sending to All Users or All Links.

A fix would be greatly appreciated.

(This is version 2.1.2.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jamie Marie
BuffyGuide.com
Quote Reply
Re: [nemesis] Can't SAVE template when constructing emails to selected links or users In reply to
Hi,

the problems with the LinksSQL mail-functions are well known to GT for a long time now but they seem too busy to get their existing and already sold products to work correctly.

By the way: also the <%Email%>-tag-replacement on custom-mail-lists don't work anymore.

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [nemesis] Can't SAVE template when constructing emails to selected links or users In reply to
For others needing a fix for this -- I contacted GT support and got a fix from Jack.

You need to edit admin.cgi (in the admin directory). The line you need to edit is under sub mailer_request - should be around line 121. It looks like this:

Code:
@actions = grep { $_ ne 'Send' } @actions;

You need to change it to:

Code:
@actions = grep { $_ ne 'Send' and $_ ne 'selected_users_send' and $_ ne 'selected_links_send' } @actions;

Worked for me! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jamie Marie
BuffyGuide.com