Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

CATEGORY TEMPLETE

Quote Reply
CATEGORY TEMPLETE
Hi

I have just finished upgrading to 2.05, the instillation was smooth and complete..
Two problems:
1- The category properties does not have the image field, it looks like it was not created, Is it a bug or is it something I did? (by the way I did create it so the issue was resolved.

2- Ok I read that using different templetes for each category is easy in the new links by using Category_templete feature in the category table...

Well this Category_templete field is not there not even on GT demo..

I think I am missing something or looking in the wrong place... some direction will be good.

I am on unix and I upgraded from 2.03 to 2.05.

Regards
Abd

http://www.idleb.com
Quote Reply
Re: CATEGORY TEMPLETE In reply to
Hi

Please if anyone have an idea let me know..

Regards
Abd

http://www.idleb.com
Quote Reply
Re: CATEGORY TEMPLETE In reply to
Hi,

1. Sorry, this is probably not a good idea on our part. The demo has an Image field in it, but it's not part of the standard Links SQL. To add one you would go to Database->Category->Properties->Add Column.

2. Also not the best on our part, the Category_Template column was added in 2.0.4, and we never updated our demo database. I'll try and get this updated this week. Also, it seems the upgrade script does not add the Category_Template column in for upgrades.

You should add it in manually (just make sure to call it Category_Template).

Hope this helps and sorry for the confusion,

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] CATEGORY TEMPLETE In reply to
Frown
Ok one final step in this issue
I created the CATEGORY TEMPLETE column, and Art_TEMPLETE.htm file and placed it with the other html templete files.. and it does not work..

1- Do I have to create or copy all the other templetes as well?
2- Do i have to use a specific code in the category_templete.html so it will use each category's templete.
3- Where Do i have to place the new templetes?

Any help will be appreciated..
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] CATEGORY TEMPLETE In reply to
Hi,

1. Make sure you called the new column Category_Template. It is case sensitive.
2. Place the file Art_TEMPLATE.html in the default folder (make sure it is .html, not .htm). Also make sure the case is the same.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.