Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Building from two templates???

Quote Reply
Building from two templates???
Is there a way to build two sets of html pages based on two separate templates. I am running two sites that use the same database and I would like to be able to build from both templates at the same time.

Thanks,

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: [netcross] Building from two templates??? In reply to
Not by default, no. It is possible though, with a 3rd party script, which loads the different config files, builds the pages, and then all you do is pass in t=foo for the template set name, with stuff like add.cgi/modify.cgi/search.cgi. Sorry I can't be any more specific, but its not a particually simple task :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Building from two templates??? In reply to
Is there an existing 3rd party mod that does this? If not, is there anyone that can do it? How much would it cost to do this mod?

jeffw@botcw.com
Quote Reply
If you don't need static pages you can do this relatively easily with dynamic pages (at least for the second site) and mod_rewrite and use the rewrite rules to pass in the template name invisibly to each url.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Building from two templates??? In reply to
Thanks Laura, I would rather go with static pages but if it's too hard I may have to go with dynamic.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Yogi's Pagebuilder, a hacked Pagebuilder, or a hacked LinksSQL will do that.

Last edited by:

webslicer: Apr 1, 2004, 1:14 PM