Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Beta out & Wishlist

Quote Reply
Beta out & Wishlist
Hi all, Alex wrote "... next friday ... " - is the beta out now?
I dont know much about the new version, but i think there are some functions we have talked from while to while, that aren´t implemented, so what´s about a thread to collect and discuss some things? (Or im blind again and this happens just at the next corner of this forum :-(

I thought especially about:

- easy upload-feature: choose 1 to n possible fileuploads, choose file-formats, choose size in bytes, choose height and width when gif or jpg.
- subscribtion like here in the forum (it seems this functions is closed) - i find it very interestet, if users could subscribe only this cats they want to have a mail for new content.
- a modul to share data with wwwthreads, i have this done with links 1.12, but with redundant storage of userdata in both dbs.

Robert

Quote Reply
Re: Beta out & Wishlist In reply to
In Reply To:
- easy upload-feature: choose 1 to n possible fileuploads, choose file-formats, choose size in bytes, choose
height and width when gif or jpg.
Also, easy to modify the uploaded file and replace the old file if the user wants to do that.

In Reply To:
- subscribtion like here in the forum (it seems this functions is closed) - i find it very interestet, if users could subscribe only this cats they want to have a mail for new content.
Or choose the type of newsletter, like weekly, daily, etc.

In Reply To:
- a modul to share data with wwwthreads, i have this done with links 1.12, but with redundant storage of
userdata in both dbs.
Did you see the Integrated Software Thread in the Links SQL Questions Forum? Widgetz has released a BETA version of his forum.cgi.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Re: Beta out & Wishlist In reply to
But he only has a pointer to the forum.cgi.txt file. No templates, or database definitions, unless I'm missing them.

PUGDOG®
PUGDOG® Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://postcards.com/FAQ