Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Beta2 Search results display problem.

Quote Reply
Beta2 Search results display problem.
I just installed Beta2, imported my database, did a build_all and a build_index. When I do a search it returns with number of hits in categories and links but does not display anything. It knows how many pages should be there as I get the Pages: 1 2 3 4 [>>] at the bottom of the page but no categories or links listed. I thought my search_results.html template was screwed up so I tried the Default one from the distibution with the same results. Any have any ideas/suggestions??? Thank You.

Quote Reply
Re: Beta2 Search results display problem. In reply to
lparry:

Have you reindexed the database? Go to Database is Admin, and rebuild the tables and reindex everything. May take a while, but may solve the problem!

dave

Quote Reply
Did that right after import and build. Must be okay as I get hit numbers back but nothing actually displays.

Quote Reply
Have you got all the tags in your pages?

I think it is <%link_results%> you need to show results.

Paul Wilson. Shocked
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)
Quote Reply
Hi,

Are you running under mod_perl as we have found a problem with the search results under mod_perl that does exactly as you mentioned.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex, You're right I am running mod_perl, I guess it bit me again. As a test I built with beta-1 using the database imported and indexed with beta-2 and the search works with the beta-1 search.