Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Bad file descriptor

Quote Reply
Bad file descriptor
Since we have moved to a new dedicated server we receive the following error message:

Quote:
(GT::Config (13679): Unable to load '/home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/templates/default/local/globals.txt': Bad file descriptor. at /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/Links.pm line 279.

I have never encountered this error before. Also, this and other fora could not help to solve the mystery, so can anyone point us into the right direction? Blush

Update: the file IS there, we have checked all paths and permissions, and we are using Links 2.1.2.

Last edited by:

Thomas.: Oct 31, 2004, 10:01 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Thomas.] Bad file descriptor In reply to
I believe this is from when you "double click" the "Save" button, in the globals section. I bet if you looked at your /local/globals.txt file... it will be corrupt :(

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Bad file descriptor In reply to
Thanks Andy, you were right. The file seemed to be corrupted. I redownloaded the file from our old server and it worked. Should have thought of this earlier.

Need more sleep. Laugh
Quote Reply
Re: [Thomas.] Bad file descriptor In reply to
No worries =)

Quote:
Should have thought of this earlier.

I've done this before too (as well as editing the templates in /default, instead of /default/local ... and then wonder why the chages were not shgowing up Pirate).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!