Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Attachments for messages sent by Mass Mailing?

Quote Reply
Attachments for messages sent by Mass Mailing?
I am trying to modify the Mailing capabilities of Links SQL so, that the site administrator be able to attach files to e-mails sent out to users/link owners. For this, I first need to update a file to the server and “link” it to the appropriate mailing (MailingIndex table). For this, I’ve decided to go with Links’s standard functionality – create a FILE type column in the table.

So I’ve included MailingIndex into the Database menu of the admin, and have created a new column of FILE type. As expected, it has automatically created a MailingIndex_Files database table.

Now, in the email_everyone.html template (used when sending e-mails to all users) I have added a new input of file type. Inside Links::Mass_Mailer, at the place this form is processed, in addition to processing the usual output of this form, I am trying to add functionality for handling my new file-type input. Press browse, choose the file… No attachment saved on server, no new record in MailingIndex_Files, although the file name does appear in the appropriate field of MailingIndex.

Any help on adding attachment functionality to mailing? Maybe I just should create a blob field and save the attachment in the DB?
Quote Reply
Re: [culiuc] Attachments for messages sent by Mass Mailing? In reply to
Never mind everyone, I solved it -- simply forgot to introduce "enctype=multipart/form-data" in the <form> tag.