Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Arbitrary title_linked

Quote Reply
Arbitrary title_linked
I'm in the process of setting up a new LinksSQL installation, and for the most part it's been tremendous. But I've run into a bit of a snag. I'm trying to include <%title_linked%> in the include_header.html file sitewide. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work. For instance, it is set for "Cool" and "New Links", but not for "Top Rated," "Newsletter", "Modify a Link", etc. This seems sort of arbitrary.

I'm in the process of looking through this forum for ways around this, hacks, etc. But I guess my question is why isn't this consistent across all pages in LinksSQL? Shouldn't there be a consistent, predictable availability of <%title_linked%> across ALL pages, not just some of them?

- Paul
Quote Reply
Re: [dj-web] Arbitrary title_linked In reply to
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying that <%title_linked%> is not available on all the pages?

Unfortunatly it will not be, as its only included on certain templates. If you are using it in the header, you could use something like;

Code:
<%if title_linked%>
<%title_linked%>
<%else%>
show something else
<%endif%>

I hope that is what you are refering to :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Arbitrary title_linked In reply to
Thanks Andy, that does help a bit. But I guess my question went more to why is it only included in certain templates. I guess I don't see a reason why it would be included for "New" but not for "Top Rated." It just seems that for consistency, the program should make the <%title_linked%> variable available on all templates. I can workaround it or if/else it, but perhaps it's something that should be included in all templates in a future version of the program.

- Paul
Quote Reply
Re: [dj-web] Arbitrary title_linked In reply to
The <%title_linked%> tag is normally only used in category.html, and not the include files. That may be why it doesn't exist in every template.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Andy,

<G> That was one other reason for writing detail_page.cgi <G> Specifically that tag <G>

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Arbitrary title_linked In reply to
You really like <G>'ing Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
At times.... I smile so rarely now, when it happens, I like to note it.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.