Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Adding Text Ads to the Category and Search Result Pages...

Quote Reply
Adding Text Ads to the Category and Search Result Pages...
I had text ads when using Links SQL with 2.2.1 on the category and search results pages. How do I go about placing them in the right to the (upper) right of the main content area on these pages? I'm using Andy's Category_Adverts plugin?? Can't quite figure it out with css!

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [mgeyman] Adding Text Ads to the Category and Search Result Pages... In reply to
Have you got that plugin to work with GLinks 3? I kept getting an error.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Adding Text Ads to the Category and Search Result Pages... In reply to
I got it to work but I'm just trying to place the text ads in the proper location within the new templates.
Quote Reply
Re: [mgeyman] Adding Text Ads to the Category and Search Result Pages... In reply to
Sorry, I'm not sure how you would place the ads within the main content area, I want to use them in the rightsidebar.

Did you have to make any changes to the plugin to get it to work?
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Adding Text Ads to the Category and Search Result Pages... In reply to
Sorry, I meant the rightside bar (upper right) also.

I did add a global, carried over from what I had in 2.2.1. I just called it get_url:

sub {
my $domain = $_[0];
#print "Step1: $domain <BR>";
my @cut = split /\//, $domain;
my $domain = $cut[2];
return $domain;
}

That's it.

mgeyman
Quote Reply
I've got other plugins displaying in the rightsidebar- I just wrote another template containing the appropriate code for displaying the plugin content. Used <p class="feature"> in the template and then wrote the feature style into the css sheet.

I then called the feature template from within the rightsidebar template.
Quote Reply
Alba,

Please excuse my ignorance, I'm just trying to follow you.

The code I'm trying to put in that location on the template is as follows or at least this is what I had used in Links SQL 2.2.1 (for the vertical text ads):

<%Plugins::Category_Adverts::ShowAdvert($ID,'5')%>
<%if CategoryID_Adverts%>
<%loop CategoryID_Adverts%>
<%Plugins::Category_Adverts::Grab_Advert_Details($SetID,'00FFFF','FF9D9F')%>
<BR>
<%endloop%>
<%endif%>

How do I go about integrating this in? I triedd but the text ads keep showing up underneath the main links area instead of to the top right of it.

Thanks.

Mark
Quote Reply
I'm perhaps not the best person to tell you this- seeing as I've still not got the plugin working with GLinks 3.

I suspect that you need to edit the cat_advert.html template so that it fits into the rightsidebar. Most of the problems I've had where the rightsidebar content has appeared below the main content is because the content is too wide for the rightsidebar.

Can anyone else help with this?

Thanks