Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Adding Problems

Quote Reply
Adding Problems
When registered users go to my site to add a site they are getting the below message after filling out the submission form. Why is this?

"Unable to connect to site. It is either down, or does not exist!"
Quote Reply
Re: [LordStryfe] Adding Problems In reply to
Hi,

What plugins do you have installed? From the sound of it, this problem is related to a "spider" plugin. I could be wrong though =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Adding Problems In reply to
Only mods installed are

Admin_Rating1Andy Newby (UltraNerds)
Bad_Link2.1.1aPUGDOG® Enterprises, Inc._
Recip_Link2.4Andy Newby (UltraNerds)_
5_Links1.0.4Andy Newby

Last edited by:

LordStryfe: Jun 4, 2007, 11:19 AM
Quote Reply
Sounds like the URL that the form is submitting to is incorrect. Check that it is the right one.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi,

Ok, that error looks like a Recip_Links error message. In /admin/Plugins/Recip_Link.pm, please find the 2 instances of:

Code:
my @page = get($IN->param($recip_field));
my $page = join("\n",@page);

..and replace with:

Code:
print qq|DEBUG: RECIP_FIELD ===> $recip_field <br /> Value: | . $IN->param($recip_field) . "<br />";

my @page = get($IN->param($recip_field));
my $page = join("\n",@page);

print qq|DEBUG: PAGE GOT: $page |;

Then, try adding a link - and seeing what is printed out.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Adding Problems In reply to
tried that and got this message

Quote:

Software error:GT::Plugins (32127): Error running plugin 'PRE' hook 'Plugins::Recip_Link::do_checks': Global symbol "$go" requires explicit package name at /home/wstw/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/Plugins/Recip_Link.pm line 497. Compilation failed in require at GT::Plugins::_load_hook line 290. at /home/wstw/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/User/Add.pm line 45.For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@wespreadtheword.net), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
A fatal error has occured:

[Tue Jun 5 08:17:51 2007] add.cgi: GT::Plugins (32127): Error running plugin 'PRE' hook 'Plugins::Recip_Link::do_checks': Global symbol "$go" requires explicit package name at /home/wstw/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/Plugins/Recip_Link.pm line 497.[Tue Jun 5 08:17:51 2007] add.cgi: Compilation failed in require at GT::Plugins::_load_hook line 290.[Tue Jun 5 08:17:51 2007] add.cgi: at /home/wstw/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/User/Add.pm line 45.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm.. did the file upload correctly?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

I did some debugging for you, and it definitely looks like something on your end. The LWP::Simple perl module isn't working right.

get($IN->param($recip_field));

..should show the HTML from the page being "grabbed" - but it isn't.

My best guess, is that something is corrupt in this module, or it simply needs reinstalling (LWP::Simple, not the plugin =)).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk