Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Add Content instead of Link

Quote Reply
Add Content instead of Link
Hello, i've been asked by a customer to have an Add content facility added to LinksSQL. It will be similar to add link, but with the sole ability to add 1 piece of content to a category, sub-cat etc....
Kind of like a content management system.

Now i know how to do it in my head, i've even setup another database table ready to hold the data.

My Problem is that i'm new to both the linkssql structure and perl, so i really have no clue where to start looking in the linkssql code.

Can anyone give me an idea of where to start looking?

Many Thanks
Chris G.
Quote Reply
Re: [CowChris] Add Content instead of Link In reply to
Go to Database > Properties > and add a column called cat_article or link_article under either category or link properties and call it using <%cat_article%> on your category.html template or <%link_article%> on your link.html template...
Hope this helps...

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
Re: [Dinky] Add Content instead of Link In reply to
Anyone know where to look for the add_form form which links are added via?? :S

Last edited by:

CowChris: Jul 13, 2004, 1:18 AM
Quote Reply
You mean add.html and include_form.html ? Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Add Content instead of Link In reply to
I'm using Perl.

I found "browser_link_add.html", but it then refers to <%form%> inside that file, and I can't figure out where it gets the actual form html from??

add.html not for the admin pages is it?

Last edited by:

CowChris: Jul 13, 2004, 2:44 AM
Post deleted by CowChris In reply to
Quote Reply
browser_link_add.html is one of your editors templates. Its used when they try to add a link via browser.cgi (yoursite.com/cgi-bin/links/browser.cgi). <%form%> is automatically defined by LinksSQL I believe.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Add Content instead of Link In reply to
Right, i've worked out how it works. (kind of).

In the browser.pm file it specifies which database fields to hide, then uses a bit in Table.pm (line 97) to loop through each database column and then print out the html forms etc...

My problem now is that i've added a field in the lsql_Category table called "Category_Article", and it is not showing this field in the html forms...

I can't work out why it is not showing this - Does anyone know if there's a reference file somewhere telling it which database colums to show?
Quote Reply
If you added the column outside LinksSQL you will need to resync - go to database->Category->properties and click on resync at the bottom of the page.