Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Add "" in search query

Quote Reply
Add "" in search query
I notice that if I insert to the search query "" the result are much better; if I search aaa I get a lot of result but if I search "aaa" I get the result I need, Is there a way insert the "" in the search query automatic.

Last edited by:

nir: Jan 13, 2008, 8:08 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [nir] Add "" in search query In reply to
Hi,

This plugin should do it (just wrote it, but it works fine on my test install)

Just install it - and that should be all you need to do. Any "queries" are automatically quoted, if it isn't already.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Add "" in search query In reply to
Thanks Andy, I use mysql in the Indexing Scheme and know I move to the nonnindexed because with you plug it need to give better search result, but when I move it to nonnindexed it not give me any search result (when I return to the mysql it give me result ). When I use the mysql I made the nph-index.cgi. Any sugesten why I don’t have and search result!
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm.. does it do this without the plugin?? I wouldn't have thought the plugin would do that - as it only uses a hook (handle_search), and doesn't edit anything other than "query" (if one has been passed in)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Add "" in search query In reply to
I find the source problem, in the build_sort_order_search it need to just score and I had score,Title. Thanks for this plug Andy.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Glad to of been able to help Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk