Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Add.cgi error 500

Quote Reply
Add.cgi error 500
This is driving me crazy. Everything was up and running fine, then the Add.cgi starting giving me Error 500 Internal Server Error after submitting a new record.

I read on the forums that you should but the build pages somewhere other than in the cgi directory, so I did that, but it didn't help.

I tried resyncing the Category, Users, and Links tables. I tried using the templates that came with Links instead of mine.
The add.cgi has not been altered.

One think I did notice. In my custom Template I print out the <%ID%> tag and when creating a new record "Add A Resource" it might be 113 or 60, where the high number in the database is 124.

Modify a Resource works, but for some reason it doesn't know that I have a link. If in Links SQL Admin I "List all Users" or more properly Users | List All it knows I have a link for that user and it can be modified by pressing the Modify link.

Any ideas on what else I can try?

-

Quote Reply
Re: Add.cgi error 500 In reply to
Dang.. found the reason after I posted. The answer turns out to be in the message:

500 Server Error on add.cgi with gen_category_list no .

The text for that bug fix says it happens when you add a Category, but it happens to me when I add a link record with add.cgi. I turned db_gen_category_list to Yes and it started working correctly.