Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Add.cgi cannot open template login.html.compiled??

Quote Reply
Add.cgi cannot open template login.html.compiled??
I'm using Links sql 2.1.2 and when i modify the temlpate "include_header.html", even by putting just one space in there, it brings up the following error on add.cgi:

A fatal error has occured:
GT::Template (3216): Unable to open template file 'D:/html/users/cheapferrytickets/html/cgi-bin/admin/templates/default/compiled/login.html.compiled'. Reason: Permission denied at D:/html/users/cheapferrytickets/html/cgi-bin/admin/Links.pm line 292.
Anyone had this problem? and can tell me what i am doing wrong, or if i need to change something before i start editing templates?Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [CowChris] Add.cgi cannot open template login.html.compiled?? In reply to
Hi. Does;

D:/html/users/cheapferrytickets/html/cgi-bin/admin/templates/default/compiled/

...exist?

If so, try deleting the existing files in there, and give it a go again. If you were on a UNIX server, I would suggest just CHMOding the files to 666... but from the looks of your error path, I'm guessing your on NT?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Add.cgi cannot open template login.html.compiled?? In reply to
Yeah, you are correct, it's an NT server.

I will try deleting the files and trying again on wednesday when i'm at work again :)

Cheers

(will post back here if it doesn't work, fingers crossed!)
Quote Reply
Re: [CowChris] Add.cgi cannot open template login.html.compiled?? In reply to
Right,
I've tried deleting the files, (all of them), and re-compiling - and it still throws up the same error (arghhh!).

????????????????????????