Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

A fatal error has occured: GT::SQL (94479): Unable to load subclass:

Quote Reply
A fatal error has occured: GT::SQL (94479): Unable to load subclass:
Some of my surfers emailed me to say that they keep getting the gossamer links error page (which then redirects to my 404 page) when they try to add their site to my directory. Also, they get an error when they try to recover their login password. So it looks like the problem is add.cgi and or modify.cgi. Any ideas as to what is causing this and how to fix it? Thanks. huh?

Here is one of the error pages:

A fatal error has occured:

GT::SQL (94479): Unable to load subclass: 'Links::Table::Users': Can't locate Links/Table/Users.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/amd64-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8 . /usr/local/ /usr/local/lib/perl) at /www/youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 589.
, Can't locate Links/Table.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/amd64-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8 . /usr/local/ /usr/local/lib/perl) at /www/youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 589.
at /www/youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/User/Login.pm line 223.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
Quote Reply
Re: [aka Huge] A fatal error has occured: GT::SQL (94479): Unable to load subclass: In reply to
Sounds a bit weird.

Have you made any changes recently?

Could be a couple of things:

1) Something is messed up in the table (with keys etc)
2) For some reason, the "use lib" and init() paths are wrong, so it can't load.

Maybe be worth contacting GT about it.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] A fatal error has occured: GT::SQL (94479): Unable to load subclass: In reply to
Hi Andy,

No I haven't made any changes although my server crashed in January and they had trouble getting the scripts running again so maybe one of the admins made a change I'm not sure. Is there something in the debugging printout i should look for? or something in DBMan that I can check for corrupt database or something? Thanks.

Ray
Quote Reply
Re: [aka Huge] A fatal error has occured: GT::SQL (94479): Unable to load subclass: In reply to
Mmm,, could possibly be a corrupt DB, but not sure :/

If it is - running `myisamchk` should help:

http://www.google.co.uk/...cd=1&q=myisamchk

If your server is managed, your host should be able to run this for you :)

If not, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

The only time I've really come across this problem, is when a primary/fk was removed, and it screws up the table relations.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
That sounds like the file /path/to/admin/Links/Table/Users.pm is missing. Get your system admin to restore that file (might as well make sure to restore all the files in that directory).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] A fatal error has occured: GT::SQL (94479): Unable to load subclass: In reply to
Andy,

Ok i ran myisamchk and got this error:

Checking MyISAM file: links_Links.MYI
Data records: 5103 Deleted blocks: 256
myisamchk: warning: 3 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly
- check file-size
- check record delete-chain
- check key delete-chain
- check index reference
- check data record references index: 1
- check data record references index: 2
- check data record references index: 3
- check data record references index: 4
- check data record references index: 5
- check data record references index: 6
- check data record references index: 7
- check record links
MyISAM-table 'links_Links.MYI' is usable but should be fixed

What does that all mean?

I also check and Users.pm is in the correct directory. Any ideas? What's a primary/fk ?
Quote Reply
Hi,

Does it work now, or you still get that error?

Also, did you look at what Adrian (brewt) suggested?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Nope, i'm still getting the error page. http://www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/user.cgi i have debuggin on which shows more info.

I saw what Adrian posted. How do i restore the Users.pm?

Ray
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmmm.. one way, is to try and "upgrade" of your install, and then hopefully that will fix up your missing files (be sure to backup everything first though, in case it messes things up!)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
How do i upgrade my install? How do I backup everything?
Quote Reply
Hi,

To back it up, go in via Telnet/SSH, and type:

mysqldump --add-drop-table -uUSERNAME -pPASSWORD DB_NAME > backup.sql

Then, move to the directory where your cgi-bin stuff is held, and run:

tar -cvvf backup.tar *

To run the upgrade, get your copy of GLinks (the .tar), and upload the install.cgi and install.dat file to your admin folder. CHMOD the .cgi to 755, and run it from your browser. The rest should be pretty self explanitory :)

If you want, I could do this as a custom job for you (if you don't feel confortable doing it yourself)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks, I'm going to try your list of commands and see it i can fix it. If I can't, then I'll get your services again. You still have my login info.

Ray
Quote Reply
Hi,

NP =)

Quote:
You still have my login info.

Nah, I delete them once I've finished doing jobs for people =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk