Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

2 domain (with different Layout), 1 database

Quote Reply
2 domain (with different Layout), 1 database
Hallo,

where can I find something about my problem?

I'd like to use 2 different Websites but the database should be the same. OR: The second Website use only a part of the database. But the two Websites have different Layout.

Have somebody any information for me?

Johann
Quote Reply
Re: [Johann] 2 domain (with different Layout), 1 database In reply to
As it is, I believe you need two Links Licenses, unless you work something out with Alex. You can run the program on one domain, and to do what you want, would require two installations, at the least.

If your servers are on the same physical machine, it might be possible to do this, but I've never tried. There are problems, that would not be surmountable without some custom coding, but the "database" should be able to be accessed by multiple unrelated programs without problems, as long as they follow the "rules" of Links database integrity.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] 2 domain (with different Layout), 1 database In reply to
I also would be interested in this... I have many domains I'd like to dispurse content to from the one database.

If you can syndicate content for other people's sites then you can do so with your own sites as well. I don't know how easy this will be in reality but I'm working on setting it up.

I'd love to hear more on this from anyone who currently does this...and what they have done, plug-ins used etc. Need to tell my developer ;)