Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

2 column related categories

Quote Reply
2 column related categories
How can I get the related categories to display in two columns instead of one?
Quote Reply
Re: [jgkiefer] 2 column related categories In reply to
Well, not really a quick help, for your more column related categories problem, but maybe it is a good news, that later this feature will be available in my under development Xtended Link Display (XLD) plugin.

You can find more info about the planned features of my plugin in this thread:
- [PLUGIN] Xtended Link Display plugin development news

The plugin release date is not known at the moment.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] 2 column related categories In reply to
Thanks- keep me informed!
Quote Reply
Re: [jgkiefer] 2 column related categories In reply to
When new information will be available, will be posted into the news thread mentioned above.
I suggest you to set the "[PLUGIN] Xtended Link Display plugin development news" thread to Watch thread, so you will get email if new info is posted there.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Hi Konrad,

Could you explain how you accomplished this?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] 2 column related categories In reply to
Thanks Paul, for your question.
Of course using hooks. However the plugin is not finished yet, so I would not tell more about it, until it will be not released officially. I will post all info available for the public into the news thread.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
How did you manage to do that?

I just took a look at the build module and it seems the related category output is built directly in the code...

Code:
my $url = $CFG->{build_root_url} . "/" . $cat_db->as_url ($cat->{Full_Name}) . "/" . $CFG->{build_index};
if ($rel_name) {
$display{related} .= qq~<li><a href="$url">$rel_name</a></li>~;
}
else {
$display{related} .= qq~<li><a href="$url">$cat->{Full_Name}</a></li>~;
}
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] 2 column related categories In reply to
Yes, it is. I've nothing to say about that. Sorry.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Feb 5, 2003, 1:51 PM
Quote Reply
Soo...?