Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

2.99 search log issue

Quote Reply
2.99 search log issue
The good news is that the Suggest/livesearch add-ons are quite easy to port to 2.99.0 (basically, change word searchlog to searchlogs in some cgis.)

The bad news is that there is a problem with the searchlogger. No searches are logged, it seems. Did I screw something up? Please drop by here and help me confirm (make a search). And please test other installs - are searches logged?

John
Quote Reply
Re: [gotze] 2.99 search log issue In reply to
Hi,

I just checked on my sites.

I did a clean 2.99.0 install, and import of the search logger. It's logging properly, it seems.
I am using the "advanced" search logger, with additional Globals, and they are working too.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin?

The advanced search logger should be released on our sites soon. I have had major delays here, due to real-world problems. But it worked "out of the box" with my templates and 2.99.0, so I guess code-wise it's ready. The problem is putting it into a plugin with the "extras".

The plugin also worked with the upgrade, but because I didn't have any logs in the new site, I don't know if they were/would have been converted properly, but the install did notice the tables.

In short, it's working as it should on my sites, so something is amiss on yours :)

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] 2.99 search log issue In reply to
I thought the search logger plugin was included in the core install of the new beta... the Database menu also shows the search log.
Only, mine is empty Unsure
Quote Reply
Re: [gotze] 2.99 search log issue In reply to
Have you turned it on? Smile It's disabled by default.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] 2.99 search log issue In reply to
Blush

Thanks Adrian.

John
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] 2.99 search log issue In reply to
Ok, didn't catch that upgrade.

Will it interfere with the search logger plugin on upgraded sites if it's turned on?

--edit

Just checked, superficially, at least. No interference, the plugins run as linked, and the query is also logged to the internal logging system.

There are still advantages to using the advanced logger, for daily and other stats, as well as the globals to enhance the search page.

I'll see if I can modify the advanced logger to use the new search log table, not the old one. It still needs the daily table, though.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.

Last edited by:

pugdog: Mar 6, 2005, 3:50 PM