Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Post deleted by rocco

Post deleted by rocco

Last edited by:

rocco: Apr 12, 2005, 2:34 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [rocco] "Column x cannot be left blank" Problem In reply to
Hi,

I think thats normal. If you have it set to NOT NULL, then it will always require a value. You can set these up in Setup > Misc Options, under default_system_fields, or similar (can't remember off the top of my head =)).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] "Column x cannot be left blank" Problem In reply to
Here's the original post. I was struggling with my 3 year old and meant to edit instead!

---------
Had an interesting problem just recently with a 2.2.0 site.

User could not register. Reported a "Column x cannot be left blank" where x is the last field (custom) I recently added to the Users table.

I tested the registration and got the same error. I noticed the field property "Not Null" was set to Yes.
I changed this to allow nulls and retested.
This time I got the same error with the second last field which also had "Not Null" set to yes.

So, I changed all my custom fields to allow nulls and the error went away. Still haven't tried this on 3.0 yet.

Couldn't find much on the forums about this one except that someone reported a similar problem here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=187951

Regards,
Peter Puglisi
www.ausfreedom.com
Ultimate Freedom is our game.

Last edited by:

rocco: Apr 12, 2005, 2:56 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] "Column x cannot be left blank" Problem In reply to
Yes, true. I meant to add though that I had defaults set for these fields but they were not showing up in the properties summary. They were only showing up when you go into the details for that property.

Regards,
Peter Puglisi
www.ausfreedom.com
Ultimate Freedom is our game.