Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
web page builder?
Hi,

I wonder if someone could answer a query, is pagebuilder aimed at the admin or user?
I am looking for a method of allowing users to build their own simple page to be included in the search database, i.e some people may not have a website to be added so a simple 1 page builder would help.

This could be a simple 1 page template where they simply fill in some user details and poss upload an image.

cheers

Cheers
KevM

Last edited by:

KevM: May 15, 2006, 3:35 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [KevM] web page builder? In reply to
Just enable detailed pages to write a page for each link. You can then use the build detailed pages plugin to either display the URL or link to the detailed page in links.html

Add the appropriate fields to the database table and include_form.html
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] web page builder? In reply to
Thanks for this, I will have to explore. Will the user be able to insert an image also ?

How would the page layout be made ?

it sounds like it is almost halfway there, I will spend some time looking at this,

cheers
kevin

Cheers
KevM
Quote Reply
Re: [KevM] web page builder? In reply to
Quote:
insert an image
Setup a field in your database for uploading files (there are a lot of posts with instructions on this subject)

Quote:
How would the page layout be made
Edit the detailed.html template
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] web page builder? In reply to
Hi,

had a look at this but it isn't quite what I am looking for, detailed assumes a link has or can be added whereas I was a possibility of someone adding a link that that can create on the spot, i.e a template driven webpage builder.

Useful as a sign up option, they could get a page and a database addition link in one.

This would still need someone to sign in, would be suitable for their details to follow them.

Depending on package selected (mine is based on keywords so to have 10 keywords you buy a premium package, to have 2 you would opt for basic)

Does this make sense, possible ?

Cheers,
Kevin

Cheers
KevM