Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

how to specify detailed pages directory

Quote Reply
how to specify detailed pages directory
I had my installation working with detailed pages being built in a directory called "pages" --
For instance, the detailed pages are built in /Detailed by default. I changed this to /pages.

I made some changes recently with the database and restored from a backup. I had to resync my def files, and now when I rebuild I discovered my detailed pages are being built under the default directory again. I cannot find where the change was made to build detailed pages in my custom directory. I had initially figured out how to do this from messages on this forum, probably 2 years ago, but I cannot find it again after searching for at least an hour. There are so many threads on detailed pages.

Any ideas?

Last edited by:

AtoZ: Jul 24, 2004, 6:15 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [AtoZ] how to specify detailed pages directory In reply to
FOUND IT! This was a simple one. :)

It can be specified in:
admin/Links/ConfigData.pm

'build_detail_path' => '/home/admin/path/Detailed',
'build_detail_url' => 'http://www.domain.com/path/Detailed',
Quote Reply
it can also be changed in the admin area under setup and 'build' or something like that - through the web interface.

r
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] how to specify detailed pages directory In reply to
No, it's not there... Of course that was the first place I looked. You can specify the directory to build the categories, etc. but not the detailed pages.

It makes sense that it should be there, so maybe this was changed in the latest upgrade. (I haven't upgraded yet.)
Quote Reply
wrong.

Admin > Setup > Paths and URLs > Click Here (link down the bottom of the page) > and you'll see an option at the bottom "build_detail_path".

r
Quote Reply
It doesn't really matter who is right/wrong, but I can tell you that the version I am using (2.1.2) does NOT have the path to build DETAILED pages available in the setup/build area, as it is the first place I checked, rechecked, etc.

I am glad to hear it is now available. It is where one would expect to find it.
Quote Reply
I wasn't trying to be right or wrong - I was trying to help.

Is it in the "Paths and URLs" area in the admin in your version?

r
Quote Reply
Path and URL Settings
This should be the URL (start with http://) to the directory where your admin files are. No trailing slash please.
admin_root_url
This should be the PATH (starts with a / or a drive letter) to the directory where your admin files are. No trailing slash please. admin_root_path
This should be the URL to where your public cgi scripts are (add, modify, search).
db_cgi_url
This should be the URL to where your page.php script is located.
db_php_url
This should be the URL to where Links SQL should create it's HTML pages. No trailing slash.
build_root_url
This should be the PATH to where Links SQL should create it's HTML pages. No trailing slash.
build_root_path
FileMan Root Directory. Included in Links SQL is a copy of FileMan that you can use to manage files from the web. It defaults to your Links SQL admin directory, but you can change it here.
fileman_root_dir
This should be a path to the verify-child.pl script.
child_path
This should be the path to perl. NT Users should use drive letter as well.
path_to_perl
Update other paths and URL's to reflect base? If selected, path's like What's New, What's Cool, etc will automatically be updated, otherwise click here to view them and set them manually.
update_others

I hope this resolves any other questions about this issue... Crazy

Last edited by:

AtoZ: Jul 25, 2004, 11:20 PM
Quote Reply
Quote:
I hope this resolves any other questions about this issue... Crazy

No problem - thanks for your help - no really.
Quote Reply
Ryel01 is correct ;)

There is a link;

Quote:
Update other paths and URL's to reflect base? If selected, path's like What's New, What's Cool, etc will automatically be updated, otherwise click here to view them and set them manually.

(in red). You need to click on this, and it will bring up the paths / URL's to the Cool, Detailed, Images, etc.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!