Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

extrastats/sitestats plugin questions

Quote Reply
extrastats/sitestats plugin questions
I don't know if this appropriate to post here or not. I apologize if it's not.. pls remove.
I've got a few questions about these plugins. I've seen the page http://www.theukhighstreet.com/p/GT_plugins but don't get too much info.
I'm hoping I can outline my scenario, and be told if this plugin is for me. (the exchange rate makes it a bit costly, but if it suits my needs then it's a bargain!)

What I want to do/my scenario:
We have added fields in our listings for users to have maps, video clips, various addons to their listing.
I would like for a link owner to be able to login, see the stats on their link and various addons. For instance, your link had X impressions in the last 30 days, it recieved X clicks. Your video clip had X clicks. Your map had X clicks. etc. etc.
I'd also like the admin to be able to login and sort/see the stats for all links etc.

Is this plugin for me?
Quote Reply
Re: [wwwill] extrastats/sitestats plugin questions In reply to
Hi,

This depends how you link to your various additions. I have a feeling that it will not work out of the box.
ExtraStats counts clicks that go through jump.cgi. Do all your links go through jump.cgi? And if so, how do you differentiate between the maps, video clip, etc.?

As for the impressions, this isn't as easy. SiteStats will count impressions of a page - but not impressions of a link in the directory. So you can count how many times the detail page for example has been viewed.

Laura.
The UK High Street