Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
error "build changed"
When I attempt to "build changed," Links is building everything like a build-all. Any ideas or a bug?
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] error "build changed" In reply to
Maybe because you have made a change in one of the higher categories (i.e a "near root" category). This will cause all sub-cats to be rebuilt, due to the fact that LSQL see's this as an update, and thus updates all the sub-cats of the main category in question (if that made any sense Crazy).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] error "build changed" In reply to
Sounds like a good reason, but all the detail pages are being built also?
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] error "build changed" In reply to
Mmm... not sure why the detailed pages would be built. There are a couple of reasons a full rebuild will be done with a "Build Changed". IMO, they are;

1)You've edited a root category (i.e Regional/ and then all the subcats will need to be rebuilt)
2) You've changed something in LSQL, which means the templates have changed globally (i.e a change to an include file or something).
3) You've globally updated one of the links properties (i.e Votes, hits, etc), so it looks like the links have been changed (and thus their appropraite category pages are being built).

More than likely, its number 3.

I could be wrong totally though Crazy

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] error "build changed" In reply to
There's too many little buggy things going on with the new install. I don't recall any of those things.
But hey, it ain't broke (yet).... Just thought it may be something not unique to my install. We'll see.

Thanks for your help Andy~!

Last edited by:

SSmeredith: Aug 23, 2004, 12:05 PM