Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

build_category_sort for main categories

Quote Reply
build_category_sort for main categories
Is there a way I can use put a value in build_category_sort so that it sorta by the main categories only?

So I can have new links, rated, and cool sorted by their main categories. I guess the solutions would either be to have a new column with the name of the main category or create globals for each cool, new, and rated pages but I was hoping I could use some sort of statement in the build_category_sort field?

Anyone?
Quote Reply
Re: [kzap] build_category_sort for main categories In reply to
Nope. The build_category_sort will affect your LSQL installation globally (from the user side of things). AFAIK, there is no built-in way to order the front page only (probably possible if you hack nph-build.cgi).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Sep 21, 2003, 12:23 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] build_category_sort for main categories In reply to
ummm i thought it was just for the new, cool and rated pages?
Quote Reply
Re: [kzap] build_category_sort for main categories In reply to
Nope.. it decides how your categories look.. thus the name build_category_sort Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] build_category_sort for main categories In reply to
ah ok, well so then my question would be, how to get cool, new, and rated pages organized by main categories and not individual categories?