Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
XMLResults Plugin
Hi,

One thing you will need to change in your Links SQL, is edit admin/Links/Search.pm and remove:

print $IN->header;

at line 67 right before:

my $results = GT::Plugins->dispatch ($CFG->{admin_root_path} . '/Plugins', 'search_results', \&query, {});

Otherwise, I'd love to hear some comments from any XML people out there. RSS probably isn't the best standard to use as it doesn't contain all the information neccessary, but I didn't want to invent a new one.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] XMLResults Plugin In reply to
Cool
This is a great plug-in! Well, I haven't tried it out yet, but the idea is terrific. I created the Links 2 XML-mods a while ago, and am very happy that the same function now exists for Links SQL. And for DBMan - that's great too.

Which RSS-version do you use? I've used RSS0.91, but have long considered to have a take at RSS1.0, which would allow one to include all the necessary information, and more to.

Since the feeds are dynamically created, would it be possible to enable creation of various feeds? Say:

RSS 0.91
RSS 1.0
DMOZ-like RDF
OPML
NewsML
etc.

or how about GT-ML? Angelic

Also, would you consider creating a plug-in also for GossamerForum? There are various initiatives, like ThreadsML, which would benefit from such plug-in.
Quote Reply
Re: [gotze] XMLResults Plugin In reply to
Hi,

It was based of 0.91, but if you look at the module, it's trivial to change it to a different standard.

As for the forum, definately. Displaying would be trivial, just a matter of creating the template and printing the proper headers.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] XMLResults Plugin In reply to
It seems there is a bug in the plug-in:
in XML you should replace '&' by '&'.
So in the file xml_search_results.xml this line <link><%URL%></link>
is incorrect if the url contains a '&'.
How can I fixe it ?
Thanks in advance.