Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Values in Link Forms
Hi,

I was just wondering whether it is possible to have values that appear in forms for editors appear as non-modifiable values rather than values that can be updated.

For example Andy's Recommend_It plug-in that provides stats on how many people have clicked on a link or Laura's Stats plug-ins that provide extra stats appear as modifiable values in the form and I was wanting to know if it was possible to have them as say "hidden" (that I could change back if needs be) temporarily ?

Most of all I was wanting to make sure that this modification wouldn't create any issues with the functionalities of the plug-ins (those quoted and others) and also LinksSQL itself ?

This would be in view of making sure nobody would modify them by mistake and/or curiosity etc.

Thanks, John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Values in Link Forms In reply to
I'm not sure how you would make a field hidden - there maybe something you can add to the def file which would do it. However, I'm pretty certain that if you do this it shouldn't affect any plugins.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Values in Link Forms In reply to
Hi Laura,

Yes in the properties or Add Column when you choose "TEXT" or "FILE" for example there is also "HIDDEN" and when chosen it doesn't display it in the Add Link form and I was wondering whether that affected the ways things work to put it simply.

Thanks John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Ah - I'd never noticed that - thanks for pointing it out.
I don't think that should affect the performance of any plugins - just the display of the field.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Hi Laura,

Yes in the properties or Add Column when you choose "TEXT" or "FILE" for example there is also "HIDDEN" and when chosen it doesn't display it in the Add Link form and I was wondering whether that affected the ways things work to put it simply.

Thanks John

AFAIK, a "Hidden" field is just filtered in the LSQL admin panel, and through add/modify.cgi. However, these fields are still available via plugins / scripts (similar to how the Expiry_Date field is set =)).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!