Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

User Monitor, Community and Bookmark

Quote Reply
User Monitor, Community and Bookmark
I'm a little overwhelmed with all the pkugins, globals and addons! I was trying to figure out what I should use to give my users more interaction. I was wondering if you can use both User Monitor and also community at the same time or if these would cause conflicts. Is anyone using both of these with success? Were there any problems?

Is Bookmark worth buying if you already have User Monitor?

Thanks,

Craven
Quote Reply
Re: [craven32] User Monitor, Community and Bookmark In reply to
I've been intending to install Community for quite a long time Tongue but I'm waiting for a final release. I'm not sure that UserMonitor will be needed if you are using Community (I haven't had a good look at what Community actually does though). There are no bookmark parts to UserMonitor or Community as far as I know so you would need this in either case.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] User Monitor, Community and Bookmark In reply to
I was thinking installing the Community beta because I've read it was pretty stable. The only thing is I'm not using G forum , mail or any other Gossamer product right now. I'm not sure if community adds any additional functioning to just Links SQL.

There are a few third party programs I'd like to use with LinksSQL but I'm not sure if Community could do this. Everything I've read on Community is basically how it ties all the Gossamer products together. Does anyone have anymore useful info on Community?

I was thinking of trying out Bookmarks but I'm not sure on the price. I thought there was another program, global or plugin that did basically the same thing.

Craven
Quote Reply
Re: [craven32] User Monitor, Community and Bookmark In reply to
Andy has a bookmarks plugin which I think allows you to save bookmarks in a cookie or in the database. I don't really know anything about the GT plugin. I'm using Paul's plugin which I guess is no longer available.