Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Stats Plugin

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [sooke] Stats Plugin In reply to
>>What do you have in it now? <<

Pretty much everything I could think of :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Stats Plugin In reply to
Paul,

This is looking really, really good!! Good work.

I especially like your editors table stats. Is this a custom table?

I can't wait to get this loaded on my Links.

One suggestion, the who's online script you wrote a few days back... this could be included and developed a little for this stats plugin.... like most frequent vistor, or vistors today, or top 10 vistors (obviously registered users, not vistors, cause it does not see unregisterd vistors). This would also allow you to get some sort of idea which of your editors or actually doing work, and which arent.

Are you thinking of including the #of search queries/ most search like in pugdogs, modified search logger? Just wondering.

This is really shaping up to be a great plug-in indeed!
Quote Reply
Quote:
like most frequent vistor, or vistors today, or top 10 vistors (obviously registered users, not vistors, cause it does not see unregisterd vistors). This would also allow you to get some sort of idea which of your editors or actually doing work, and which arent.
Good idea, it got a big vote from me, to know more about visitors...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Stats Plugin In reply to
I explained to sooke via pm about why it's not really viable to do this with Links SQL as opposed to Gossamer Forum due to the way users are tracked with uninformative session files rather than with mysql tables as with GForum.

To do some detailed user tracking with Links SQL wouldn't be an easy task.
Quote Reply
I don't know how LSQL uses session files, but I think session files could contain more info to be able to track users. I don't know, so I don't say any silly things more. Wink

Once I will have time to get into sessions, I will check how they works. Until that, I depend on your info.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Stats Plugin In reply to
hmmm, yes. Session files.

Paul's whos online script could be made to show things like:
  • Number of visits
  • Last visit
  • IP

if the session files contained such information.

Like you webmaster... I am still lost on this.
Quote Reply
Paul,

Just a thought on the editors table:

When you assign an editor more than one category with differing permission, the editor appears more than once in the editors table.... for example you could have 60 editors, but 400 records in this table.

When returning stats for number of editors, it needs to be unique editors. I forget the SQL for this, I am sure you know anyways. Something like... SELECT DISTINCT blah FROM blah..... You probably have already thought of this.... but just want to be sure.

Also,

I really like these stats you put in already:

Editor editing most categoryies: Paul (44)
Editor editing least categories: Bill (1)

How easy would it to be able expand on this to include most links and least links..... maybe a view number of categories/links being edited for all editors. I know you might be thinking geesh... give it a break Sooke! This editor stats part is of particular usefulness keeping track of your editors.

Last edited by:

sooke: Apr 30, 2002, 6:08 PM
Quote Reply
>>
When returning stats for number of editors, it needs to be unique editors.
<<

Done.

>>
How easy would it to be able expand on this to include most links and least links.....
<<

Done.
Quote Reply
Cool Most excellent! You are way ahead of me.
Quote Reply
Ok, heres a thought/question (remember I am still plugin/perl ignorant essentially)

With all of these great stats, how easy would it be to be able to place some of them into pages with tags?

Lets say in my browser_info.html, I want to put some of the editor stats for all of the other editors to see.

Also,

Any chance of putting the total hits into the links stats?

sub {
my ($total) = $DB->table('Links')->select(['SUM(Hits)'])->fetchrow_array;
return $total;
}

This is from the Resource area - I am sure you knew this anyways.

Last edited by:

sooke: May 1, 2002, 1:07 PM
Post deleted by Eraser In reply to

Last edited by:

Eraser: May 1, 2002, 1:10 PM
Quote Reply
As far as most popular category.... just so it isnt misleading, could it be renamed to Category with most links, and maybe have a Category with most hits for most popular?
Quote Reply
What ever happened to this plugin? Yes I know there are other plugins available that include a stats function, but I still believe a plugin specifically for showing statistics only would be immensely useful for the Link SQL system.

It seems this program was on the brink of release then nothing.

Anyone else here would find this useful?

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye
Quote Reply
Re: [Eraser] Stats Plugin In reply to
I believe this became Ian's Toolbox, a wonderful program. :)
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] Stats Plugin In reply to
>>
I believe this became Ian's Toolbox
<<

Hmm not that I know of, I just dropped the plugin to work on something more rewarding (I hope).
Quote Reply
Sorry, got the programs mixed up. :) Not surprising when I'm posting barely five minutes after getting out of bed!
> >