Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Spider plug in problem
Hi

When spidering any list of sites using Andy's spider plug in I am getting the following error after spidering few links only..

Content-type: text/html

Software error:

Invalid argument at /home/virtual/site315/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Net/Whois/Raw.pm line 132.

Any ideas?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Spider plug in problem In reply to
Could you give me an example URL for when this happens?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Spider plug in problem In reply to
Hi

The following USL

http://abujasir.tripod.com/...-centers-mosques.htm

Spider stops at:

URL: http://icc-chicago.org/ Title: Access Disabled Description: Author (owner): Webmaster Email (owner): not@available.org Options: Status: WARNING: Link already exists!
Content-type: text/html Software error:

Connection refused at /home/virtual/site315/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Net/Whois/Raw.pm line 132.
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Weird....it works ok for me. Can you try adding the following in admin/Plugins/Installed/Spider.pm ;

~ line 275, just after the beginning of the 'foreach';

Code:
next if $_ =~ /^\s/;

Does that fix it?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi Andy

That did solve the issue..

I have two suggesttions:

1- The category selection option that we talked about earlier.

2- The ability to grab the real URL not the redirection on.. example page.cgi?ID=2154 versus http://domain.com/page.html

Thanks as always.
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Glad to hear it. I'll make that fix in the new version.

1) Its been pretty busy here recently, could you please run it by me again? Crazy

2) The problem with this, is that I'm not really sure how to get the final URL. If anyone knows how I could use LWP::Simple to acomplish this (i.e not grab the URL, but instead the final page that the user would be sent to), that would be great.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
1) Its been pretty busy here recently, could you please run it by me again? Crazy

Well in the first page if we can give the admin the option to choose a category to import all the links to (through select or entering a specific category ID number). That will be most helkpfull when importing a list of URL's to a specific category so we will not have to select it again for each link.
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Andy,

Sounds like some great additional helpful features. It would be great to streamline this process as much as possible!

Also, is it possible for the spider to identify other pages, for instance the site's Contact Page, for the site's email address if it isn't located on the site's home page?

Thanks. Keep up the great work!

mgeyman
Quote Reply
Re: [mgeyman] Spider plug in problem In reply to
I'm *very* busy at the moment with custom work, but once that is done, I'm gonna hopefully make the category addition mod to this Plugin, and also a couple more (hopefully). I'm also gonna be finishing off my 'link of the week' plugin, which was almost completed when I got this big influx of work.

I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Ok, I've added the category choice option at the beginning of the process. You can either choose a global category, or not define one at all.

The online demo has been updated too. Please find details of the demo here.

Existing members can grab their update from http://new.linkssql.net/page.php?page=account .

For more details on this plugin, please see;

http://new.linkssql.net/...=fee&page=Spider

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk

Last edited by:

Andy: Aug 1, 2003, 4:12 PM
Quote Reply
Thanks Andy

Looks great..

What does the Restricted! means?

I am getting it on lots of the active links..
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Hi Andy

Did you fix this in the new release, because I am getting the same error again.
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
>>>Did you fix this in the new release, because I am getting the same error again.
<<<

Fix what? The 'Restricted' thing? That is simply there to let you know that the spidered page has been blocked by robots.txt. You can disable the use of robots.txt in the Plugins settings.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Sorry Andy

I was talking about

Software error:

Connection refused at /home/virtual/site315/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Net/Whois/Raw.pm line 132.
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Hi. Sorry about that. I'm not sure why that bug fix wasn't made in this version. Please try the latest one, available from your 'Members Area'.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk