Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Spider Install Error Andy

Quote Reply
Spider Install Error Andy
When I install the newest spider plugin and I click on edit I get this in the Plugin Detail area

Plugin: Spider Version: Unknown Tag: 'version' Author: Unknown License: Unknown Tag: 'license' Description:

And this when doing a perl check
Use of reserved word "our" is deprecated at /home/httpd/mysite.com/cgi-bin/admin/Net/Whois/Raw/Data.pm line 299. Bareword "our" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /home/httpd/mysite.com/cgi-bin/admin/Net/Whois/Raw/Data.pm line 299. Unquoted string "our" may clash with future reserved word at /home/httpd/mysite.com/cgi-bin/admin/Net/Whois/Raw/Data.pm line 299. Bareword "servers" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /home/httpd/mysite.com/cgi-bin/admin/Net/Whois/Raw/Data.pm line 299. Unquoted string "servers" may clash with future reserved word at /home/httpd/mysite.com/cgi-bin/admin/Net/Whois/Raw/Data.pm line 299. Operator or semicolon missing before %servers at /home/httpd/mysite.com/cgi-bin/admin/Net/Whois/Raw/Data.pm line 299. Ambiguous use of % resolved as operator % at /home/httpd/mysite.com/cgi-bin/admin/Net/Whois/Raw/Data.pm line 299. Install.pm had compilation errors. Thanks,Craven
Quote Reply
Re: [craven32] Spider Install Error Andy In reply to
What version of Perl are you using?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Spider Install Error Andy In reply to
Quote Reply
And which version? (you can find this out by opening up the .tar file in WinZip, and viewing the Install.pm file. Near the top, it should have the version number.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Version : 1.7.4
#
Quote Reply
Is that the latest version from our members area? If so, please let me know... as it should be version 1.7.5 now.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

I downloaded it last night! And just a now and it's still version 1.7.4

Last edited by:

craven32: Apr 22, 2004, 10:01 AM
Quote Reply
Ok, I've just uploaded version 1.7.5, which is the version that should have been up there. I'm pretty sure this will fix your problem, as the Raw.pm and Data.pm files have both been put into Raw.pm, which seems to fix a bug that some servers were giving with Net::Whois::Raw.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I just downloaded 1.7.5 and installed it and still received the same error.
Quote Reply
Ok, it looks like the .pm files are not being overwritten correctly. This should fix it;

FTP into your site, and goto the admin folder of your site, then delete the 'Raw' folder, and all its contents.

Uninstall the plugin, and then reinstall it. The new .pm files should be created correctly then. Please let me know how this goes :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I just went in through FTP and there was no 'Raw' folder or file there. Even after installing and uninstalling. I checked in the admin folder and Plugins folder both.

I saw the spider.pm file which I deleted and reinstalled but had the same error.

When I perform the perl check on Install.pm and spider.pm I get the error listed above.

When I do the Perl Check on Raw.pm I get

Raw.pm syntax OK

Last edited by:

craven32: Apr 22, 2004, 10:53 AM
Quote Reply
Sorry, it should have been 'Net', in the /admin/ folder. Its been a long day :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
It installed but while running the spidering I received this error after about 5 out of 15 sites were spidered.

No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Net/Whois/Raw.pm line 238.
Quote Reply
Looks like its down to this;

Quote:
'whois.ripe.net' => [
'^%'
],

If you remove this from admin/Net/Whois/Raw.pm, how does it work then?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

This morning I tried spidering a few other sites and it worked fine. I ran into the problem when trying to spider a Yahoo category page. Not sure why that would cause the error though.

Craven
Quote Reply
Could be the limits cutting in on your Whois() queries. According to pugdog, there is a limit as to how many 'calls' you can make in a specified amount of time. Its a bit weird though, as some servers will let yo do 100's (i.e mine), whilst others give an error on 5-20 :( The only way to stop this completly, is to get rid of the 'whois' stuff, which would mean that it wouldn't try and grab the owners email address from a Whois database if it didn't find any contact email on the spidered page.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
This sounds very much like my problem.

After installing the spider plugin I get very similar errors but in G Community.

Why and how can it be sorted out???
Quote Reply
Re: [demon] Spider Install Error Andy In reply to
I doubt it has anything to do with my plugin and GComm. They don't even link up (except the stuff GComm is meant to do).

Did you try running it with the "whois" turned off? (dropdown box).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk