Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Remote Search plug in
Hi

I have tried to use Alex remote search XML plug in.. and I am getting the following error when trying to search for something:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Whitespace is not allowed at this location. Error processing resource 'http://www.2muslims.com/cgi-bin/links/search.cgi?query=Search+Term&xml_feed=1&submit2=Search'. Line 1, Position 2336

Any suggestions?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Remote Search plug in In reply to
Hi,

I have just installed this plugin and get similar errors - different depending on the query I use. If I just use 'test' as a query term I don't get any errors but if I use a query term which should return results I get various errors:
  • A string literal was expected, but no opening quote character was found.
  • A semi colon character was expected.
  • End tag 'description' does not match the start tag 'br'

This isn't urgent for me as I was just taking a look to see what the plugin did.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Remote Search plug in In reply to
Hi,

I got this to work except I cannot get all the results in my database. I typed a keyword that should have had over 3,000 results but produced 22. All I did to get it to work was install the XML Plugin, put the remote.cgi in my cgi-bin, Chmod 755, edit the cgi file to point to the results page. Also I believe the cgi file and html file had to be uploaded ascii. I used the results.html page provided by the Ian.

Hope this helps,

AuctionGuy
AuctionGuy
If you think Education is expensive, Try ignorance.